A cataract evaluation at Eye Associates of Tucson involves several pain-free tests to determine your eye health. These cataract tests in Tucson are very important to identify the presence, severity and position of any cataracts that may be affecting your vision.
- Visual acuity test to assess your distance and near vision
- Refractive error measurement to determine your glasses prescription
- Assessment of your lenses to determine the presence of any cataracts
- Evaluation of your retinal health (back of the eye)
- Eye pressure measurement to determine the presence of glaucoma
- Review of your overall health
Depending on the outcome of these initial tests, your Tucson cataract doctor may request other testing if other eye issues are suspected.
The retinal examination requires that your eyes be dilated so it is easier for the doctor to see the back of your eye. Because of this fact, you may want to have someone drive you home after your cataract evaluation.
Get Your Cataract Questions Answered
We view the cataract evaluation as a two-way communication street: we will ask you questions about how your vision is interfering with your daily activities and we encourage you to ask any question you have about your condition and your treatment options. At Eye Associates of Tucson we are committed to providing you with as much education as possible so you can make your own informed decision about how to care for your eye health.
Contact us today to schedule a cataract evaluation and learn more about your options for vision improvement.